Friday 7 November 2008

So Why Am I Here?

Dear Reader,

One day, a while ago now @loudmouthman came over to visit me and bought his N95 phone to interview me on Qik which I knew nothing about! I had ventured into the usual platforms for networking such as Ecademy, Ryze, LinedIn, Bebo, MySpace ect but had no knowledge of the extended So.Me world that I was about to be introduced to. Since that day I have been an avid Twitterer and have even ventured into Seesmic and now Twitterfone and SpinVox. Even Flickr and now blogging!! My work days have been transformed from Spider solitaire boredom to an open forum for chat, learning but most of all relationship building with some amazingly wonderful patient people from all over the world! No more solitaire for me! Thank you @loudmouthman!

As for myself, well I started my own business nearly 6 years ago now and have never looked back even though I have only had 3 days off in that whole time. There are always pros and cons to having your own business but I went into it with my eyes wide open. I am also a wife, mother of 3, daughter, sister and in my spare time a friend.

What business did I start, well I think that is for the next time.

For now I would like to extend my gratitude to all my Twitter friends (you know who you are) for making my days go past with such zest.

Shelley x

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shelley you are most welcome your involvement and commitment and contributions to the Social Media cloud continue to demonstrate why and how Social Media is working for the smaller as well as the enterprise busines owner.

Anonymous said...

Crikey, she writes well too!

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the totally addictive world of Social Media. I look forward to reading your blog :)
@mackney

Dungeekin said...

Welcome, and I hope you continue to enjoy social media as much as you have done so far!

Best

Dungeekin